A compilation of resources shared by BCHC members this year.
- Materials from BCHC Chart of Accounts Call/Webinar: On July 16, 2018, BCHC staff convened a call with the project team from University of Washington to share additional information. The slides and audio recording are available. Please contact Chrissie with questions.
The PHAST team at the University of Washington, with support from the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, invites public health departments to utilize a new uniform Chart of Accounts (COA) to align their financial data and compare it to other agencies.
Use the uniform COA to understand costs of programs and services, evaluate performance, advocate for and improve budgets, and communicate to the public and stakeholders the importance of and need for investments in public health. The COA can also help with external reporting, as well as benchmarking financial performance against other similar agencies in your state and beyond.
- Public Health Seattle King County Policy on Designated Private Areas - Shared by Patty Hayes in follow up to discussion at February meeting
- Developing a Culture of Health: Addressing Health Inequities Through a Health Department and Community Organizer Partnership - Case Report by Rex Archer
- Maintaining a Competent Public Health Workforce: Lessons Learned from Experiences with Public Health Accreditation Domain 8 Standards and Measures - Dr. Valerie A. Yeager
- Outbreak Protection and the Importance of Paid Sick Leave - by Rex Archer and Abby Edsall, Kansas City Health Department
- Project Public Health Ready: A NACCHO and CDC Program Helping Local Health Departments Develop Core Public Health Competencies
- Federal Health Surveillance Indicator Master List
- Roadmap to Ready: A Training and Mentoring Program for New Preparedness Coordinators